Greetings, dearest creator!
First of all, apologies for the HTML fuck-up. Having navigation apparently fucks it up :(.
I'm so happy we've matched, and I hope you have fun writing or drawing for me :). In the fandoms I've requested art for, a lot of the things I like for many of my pairings are similar, so prompts for some (but not all!) pairing may lean heavily towards fic, and there are art prompts at the top of the letter. And please do note that prompts for some 'ships being longer than others doesn't mean I prefer those ships—I will be equally happy to get any 'ship I've requested! And please don't feel obliged to stick to the prompts for specific 'ships, as there are lots of things I'd love to get outside those specific things, as detailed in my likes.
If you want to know more about me , I’m The_Wavesinger
and The Wavesinger (Silmarillion Writers’ Guild)
on my fannish haunts. You can also find me here on DW, and as the_wavesinger
on LJ, but I don’t frequent those places often. If you want more on my fic preferences (however unlikely that is, after this very long letter!), my fic rec tag on Tumblr
and my AO3 bookmarks
may be of some use, and for art, my art
and fan art
tags on Tumblr may be of some use. You may also want to poke through my previous exchange letters
, for both fic and art. And, of course, you can comment anonymously on this post or leave an anonymous ask on my Tumblr if you want to know more.
- Body horror/gore/guro (and violence more than canon level).
- Anything more than mild horror, for fic, and horror at all, for art.
- Bestiality, necrophili.
- Parent/child or full sibling/full sibling incest, unless specified.
- Underage character/legal character. Either both participants are underaged, or both are legal, in terms of the society they’re living in. And please no large age gaps. Even if it's just vague romantic attraction, twenty-five-year-olds express desire for fourteen-year-olds is a big DNW (although the fourteen-year-old having a hero-worship crush on the twenty-five-year-old might be OK? I guess?).
- Graphic descriptions of nausea/vomiting for fic, and for art, no nausea/vomiting at all, please.
- (Fic) Reader inserts.
- Mundane AUs.
- (Fic) PWP.
- (Fic) A/B/O.
- Cis men becoming pregnant.
- (Art) Sex. (Nekkid people are fine. Nekkid people having sex is not. Not even nekkid person with tentacles.)
- Suicide/suicidal thoughts as the focus of the fic (passing mentions are fine; subplots are fine; the entire fic being about suicide isn't). Art featuring suicide is fine.
- Crossovers/fusions between fandoms I've neither written for in the past nor have included in my signup. I do adore crossovers and fusions; I just don't want, for example, daemons in Middle-earth or Harry Potter-style magic in a galaxy far, far away. (If in doubt, ask! I'm just saying this because there are some fandoms I'd rather not see, but those are relatively few, but I'd adore, for example, Star Wars AUs in almost any fandom).
- (Fic.) If your plot needs sex, no insert-tab-A-into-slot-B or graphic anatomical descriptions, please. Sensuality would be better.
- (Fic) Fics which are all fluff are very difficult for me to stomach—a limit to the cuteness would be good. (Which isn't to say I don't like fluff; I just like fluff in moderation, and with a dose of conflict!)
- Love at first sight is not my favourite thing. It's mostly to do with the fluff limit, so if you add complications, then I'm more than fine with it!
- (Fic) AUs with modern settings are no-no’s unless there’s a reasonable canon explanation (eg-: a Tolkien couple cursed to be reborn again and again into mortal forms) and that only in Tolkien. Even then, please no high school or coffee shop AUs.
- Please no age regression, or AUs in which one character is suddenly older than a previously older-than-them character (ageswap?).
- Please no explicit rape/non-con, although if it's non-explicit that's fine. This also applies to conditioning (in the context of abusive relationships/torture/etc.) and abuse.
- Also, although I don’t mind infidelity, please don’t let anyone walk in on someone with their other half(s) unless it's absolutely necessary to the plot.
- (Fic) H/C fics centering on characters with depression and/or anxiety, and/or characters who self-harm or have eating disorders are not my favourite thing. (All of these things are more than fine in art and non-H/C fic, but not as the main focus of piece, please, and not as things which can be kissed better.)
- (Fic) Same for torture as the main focus of a fic, although I don't mind PTSD with flashbacks to torture.
- No torture in art.
- Angst. Drama. Politics. Tragedy.
- Philosophical ponderings!
- Female-centric and F/F works always have my love. You can never go wrong with this.
- I love canon divergence AUs, and other ‘what-if’ scenarios.
- All the hard questions with no answers, characters trapped in unsolvable dilemmas, loss and grief and moving on.
- On soulmate AUs: I love them when it's messy and complicated (for example, one or both of them in love with someone else, soulmarks somehow blurred or removed on one person, circumstances which prevent them from getting together, one person not remembering their past lives but the other remembers), but for this trope, 'I knew the moment I saw you' is also lovely, as long as there's some angst. Also, I love timers, first/last words, names of both enemy and soulmate, and soulmarks. Red strings etc. are also fine, but please no variations of seeing color. Other soulmate things I love include in every version of every reality, in another life, fated to be separated again and again.
- Obscure bits of canon, worldbuilding (and the two together).
- I love the whole mythological aspect of both Tolkien and Star Wars, and whatever you may choose to do with that.
- Cultural differences and clashes that occur due to that.
- I adore OFCs and textual ghosts, for many, many reasons. Also femslash. Did I mention femslash?
- I'm more than fine with most side relationships, unless stated otherwise.
- Genderbending! I always love Rule 63'd characters.
- Stories featuring bi, pan, aro, and/or ace characters are lovely! (Aro but not ace characters I don't see at all, so extra love for that.)
- Open relationships! Threesomes! Moresomes! (Non-explicit) orgies!
- Transgender characters would be amazing, as would non-binary characters and just genderfuckery in general.
- I have zero problems with fics dealing with misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, racism etc. I like realism, but not overly-depressing fics or fics centered on issues at the expense of characterization. (I define 'overly-depressing' as continuous angst focusing on Issues and Only Issues.)
- I like relationships that are fated to end in tragedy, but I also like a pinch of humor with my angst.
- Again, canon divergence AUs, and For Want Of A Nail and what-if scenarios. I'd love both longer fic and snapshots of what could have been.
- For longer works, plotty fics are always welcome!
- I like all kinds of fic, so go wild—linear narrative, flashbacks, epistolary…whatever you think of is lovely, the more daring the better.
- I love characters with flaws and unpleasant qualities! Awesome ladies can be awesome and flawed :).
- Iddy whump fic! (In general, bittersweet fics with lots of hurt (and not necessary comfort) and doom and gloom and/or politics and drama and plot hit my id very hard)
- I don’t mind any type of POV (including second person!). In fact, POV switches and outside POVs on relationships would be lovely.
- Tropes! I especially adore tropey F/F (other than my DNW tropes). Tropes I love include soulmates (as above), time travel and general messing with time, forced apart by circumstances/evil overlords/insert reason here, and general inevitability.
- Competence porn!
- I also adore people being messes and general failboats, because, uh, contradictions?
- I adore all kinds of jewellery—the more elaborate the better!
- And elaborate hairdos! And elaborate costumes!
- I do, however, also enjoy seeing characters in their workaday attire, doing everyday things.
- I prefer seeing characters casually intimate with each other over very deep kissing, fondling etc.
- Court settings with pomp and circumstance or everyday life are both things I enjoy seeing.
- Characters of color! (Racebending is awesome, too.) I'd especially love South Asian characters.
- Non-traditional art mediums would be welcome.
- Charactes in a private moment
- Casually intimate gestures
- Kneeling and hand-kissing for pairings where I specify loyalty kink
- Forehead kissing!
- Characters doing things they love together
- Day-to-day activities (eating, bathing, morning rituals etc.)
- Characters together during a ceremony (wedding, coronation, feast, ball etc.)
- Characters arguing or debating with each other.
- Characters passionate with each other and about things they love
- Characters being cheesy or tender or dorky or awkward with each other (or all or some of these!).
- Characters fighting and having each other's backs, and, for A:TLA, bending!
Fandom-specific likes for Tolkien:
- There aren't enough fics based on the Myths Transformed version of Middle-earth, and if that's something you'd like to explore, I'd love that, especially a more scientifically accurate (and sometimes, to my mind, a more tragic-and-dark-but-beautiful) vision of Middle-earth. (Other versions would also be wonderful, of course! This is just a specific thing I don't see much of.)
- I love the fact that Tolkien's canon is a patchwork of different stories and mythologies, both in the Doylist and Watsonian sense, and fic exploring that would be wonderful.
- Linked with the points above, I'm interested in lived vs. written stories, and Those Pesky Historians, and how unseen forces affect history.
- The mortals and Elves/free will and destiny debate and the role of the Valar would be a wonderful thing to read about—I'd love exploration of any of the philosophical questions of Tolkien's world, really, but especially this, as detailed in the Athrabeth and writings about the role of the Valar.
- I love the way magic and power operate in Tolkien's world—the work he's done to make it believable is wonderful. Writing a green sun, indeed! Anything you can write about this would be welcome and much-adored.
- I especially love the Ñoldor and Númenor, although every Age of Middle-earth holds my heart.
- For interspecies relationships, I'd love to see an emphasis on otherness and trying to understand each other.
And Star Wars:
- I'm more than fine with the EU (there's a reason I'm asking for Legends!), both the new EU and the old. I confess I'm not very familiar with it, but I love obscure EU details and characters nevertheless—if there's anything I don't know, I'll look it up on Wookiepedia. So go wild! (I know I've propounded upon my dislike of Rebels, but don't take it to heart—I dislike the show itself, but I'll love your interpretation as long as my requested character plays the main role, and Kanan and Ezra stay out of sight, and preferably far, far away.)
- I'm interested in the way the Jedi fail. If the attachment thing is what you love, then go with it, but I'd also love to see a different take. Being brought up in a Theravada Buddhist household (although I'm currently agnostic), I've always wondered why the Jedi—a religious order which you could leave if you wanted to—are considered wrong for the non-attachment thing (and I admit that the demonization of my culture isn't my favourite thing!). I'd love a take on the Jedi where the Jedi's failings are that it's not made more explicit that leaving is OK, that they get too bogged down in politics instead of doing what's right, and that they encourage attachment in the form of the (very close) Master/Padawan relationship (and whatever else faults, I'm sure there are many!). A respectful take on so-called 'Eastern' religions would be much appreciated!
- Regarding Anakin—I understand his position, and where he's coming from, but 'it's all Obi-Wan's/Yoda's/Padmé's/Qui-Gon's fault' is not my thing, and I have zero sympathy for the fact that he killed little children. Reluctantly, maybe, (and not-so-reluctantly with the Tuskens) but he killed little children, and I don't really like that. At all. What I would enjoy is an AU where Anakin left the Jedi because he realized that he wanted attachments.
- Or just ignoring the attachments things in favour of all the ships is fine as well!
Anne of Green Gables Requested medium
: Fic Anne/Diana
No AUs, please. For this, maybe something about about might-have-beens. Rilla/Una incorporation and parallels would get added love! Anne/Stella
A bittersweet fic about, again, might-have-beens would be amazing! Requited or unrequited, I just want all the sadness, with a touch of gentleness and the typical Anne humor. Davy/Paul
I'd love to see Davy growing past his initial dislike of Paul. Or hating him until he realizes he loves him ;). Either way, I imagine they'd balance each other out well, so something about that? Delilah/Di
I'd love a romance, set during RoI. Sweet and gentle, or something darker, I don't mind either. Or maybe something unrequited? (Di or Delilah, I don't mind either one, and if Delilah, side Di/OFC would be lovely.) Faith/Jem, Jerry/Nan
I'd love to see some angst set during RoI. Or maybe a WWII fic? (Also idea I'm throwing out but don't actually expect: epistolary fic?) Paul/Walter
This gives me vibes of a creative partnership, focused not so much on sex and sexuality as love, and giving and taking. A:TLA Requested media
: Fic, art Azula/Mai/Ty Lee
This is the dark!ship of my heart. And by dark, I mean dark. Dub-con, powerplay, mindfucks—throw them all at me, and I'd love it! Loyalty, of course, and tests of loyalty, and tragedy and betrayal, and anger and passion and also auras, and I just want dark, dark fic and art. For something more specific: a day-in-the-life, maybe? Or post-canon, meeting each other again (side 'ships are fine) and fucked-up things in that direction? Kanna/Yugoda, Kanna/Yugoda/Pakku
Pakku wasn't the only one who missed Kanna, and who loved her; Yugoda loved her too. Kanna and Yugoda, or the three of them, finding each other again, (and Kanna surprised but pleased at how much Pakku's changed if Kanna/Yugoda/Pakku), and falling in love all over again. Or maybe something about Kanna's girlhood and the aftermath of her eventual escape—bittersweet and gentle, with lots of angst. For art, I'd love something to do with ice or water, maybe them on a boat weaving in between ice floes? Suki/Ty Lee, Sokka/Suki/Ty Lee
For these two, or these three, I'd love 'Ty Lee joins the Kyoshi Warriors'. Past Azula/Ty Lee would be an added bonus, of course, and I'd love a gentle fic about grief and loss. Hurt/comfort would be lovely, as would a bittersweet tone, and mutual support and bonding. For art, them being dorky together and/or fighting together. If you're doing Sokka/Suki/Ty Lee, my wild-and-throwing-it-out-there prompt is all three of them in the Kyoshi Warriors uniform? Katara/Suki
Sisters-in-arms (except with a lot more romance ;))! Katara and Suki fighting together, living together, loving together. Kick-ass women kicking ass, action, adventure! And all the bittersweet fluffiness is also lovely. (Post-canon getting together would be wonderful—it can always be after Aang's death, just before LoK, if you don't want to break Katara and Aang up, or maybe after Tenzin's born?) Roku/Sozin
Something angsty for both fic and art, please, or bittersweet. Unrequited love or mutual pining that's never resolved in more than fine with me, and, for fic, questions about loyalty and what being the Avatar means, and maybe some Fire Nation culture/lore. For art, I'd love flames and fire—they're both firebenders, after all! And dragons, too. Crossover Fandom Requested media
: Fic, art Arwen/Tauriel
I'd love to see Tauriel visiting Rivendell. Or maybe Arwen as her father's ambassador in the Greenwood, and there meeting a certain red-haired Elf? Partners-in-crime for this, please, lighthearted and fun. A casual relationship would be lovely! Éowyn/Tar-Míriel
I am very, very on board with the Tar-Míriel is the Witch King theory and I'd like something dark about that. Canon divergence, of course, is fine, but so is canon 'verse gapfilling. I just want anger and tragedy and angst and all the yummy darkness. Make it as messed-up as you like—rape/non-con/dubcon are all fine for this fic. I just want a really, really fucked up dynamic! Dark, dark art, please, and power dynamics if you want to do that! Haleth/Goldberry
I see Goldberry as a sort of Middle-earth Calypso, doomed to fall in love with women who can't stay, for crimes which may or may not be mentioned, but that's just my interpretation, and I'd love to see your take on how this happens! I'd love to see enchantment and a moment stolen in time, something gentle and bittersweet. For art, I'd love to see the two of them in a forest, maybe looking at each other and/or holding hands intensely, maybe frolicking in a river. Gilmith/Uinen
We don't know anything about Gilmith, and her life and death, and I'd love to see something based on that. What sort of relationship do they have? Do they meet at night on the shore? Does Uinen take Gilmith back to her realm? Does Uinen prevent Gilmith's drowning? Kissing near or in the water for art, please, with one or both of them dripping wet! Or something eerie, emphasising Uinen's otherness. His Dark Materials Requested medium
: Fic Balthamos/Baruch
Angst and tragedy, please? What is being an angel like, and what is the difference between an angel made purely of Dust and an angel who was once human? Are they confused/intrigued by aspects of each other they don't understand? I'd love to see Balthamos and Baruch throughout the ages—their beginning, their life after they fall in love, the time near their ending, making the decision to help Lyra and Will. Star Wars Original Trilogy Requested media
: Fic, art Leia Organa/Luke Skywalker/Han Solo
I love the messy dynamics and political manoeuvring and adventure and philosophy and all other stuff this entails. I have very specific likes for this pairing—I picture Luke as being vaguely uncomfortable about sex—ace-ish—and Leia and Han being sexually active but not Luke. The romance and love part, though? Luke excels
at this, in an awkward, cute sort of way. (Feel free to ignore all of these, though; I'll be sure to love whatever interpretation you come up with.) Messiness is lovely, and all the angst and conflict (especially over Leia's and Luke's birth family) and guilt and general fucked-up things, although their dynamic itself I picture as very gentle, based on love and trust and mutual support, as well as 'let's-see-who-kicks-ass-best' competitions. Post-OT and pre-TFA angst would be especially lovely. For art, angst and/or fluff! Leia Organa/Toryn Farr
Junior officer and commander! Loyalty kink! I'd especially love to see how the Rebellion works, so, for fic, a day-in-the-life would be great. For art, maybe them discussing some plans together, or Leia giving a command, or kissing during a stolen moment? Mon Mothma/Leia Organa
I'd love Leia/Mon Mothma fic in any form. Specific prompts include mentorship, politican-ly peers and in a casual relationship (before Leia gets together with Han, though), or Leia going to Mon Mothma for help with the Resistance after Ben Falls, and finding comfort in an old friend maybe wasn't part of the plan and certainly not officially sanctioned, but... For art, maybe Mon Mothma mentoring Leia, or the two of them just talking. Or something pre-TFA but only by a few years, a quiet love scene, General Organa and the former leader of the Rebellion and of the New Republic. Toryn Farr/Original Female Character, Female Rebellion Pilot/Toryn Farr
I'd love to see more of Toryn's life in the Rebellion, with her girlfriend or wife, also part of the Rebellion, both on missions and on the Rebel base. And what do they do post-RotJ? Do one or both of them go into civil service? Do something different all together? Settle down and/or start a family? For art, maybe the two of them spending downtime together on the Rebel base, kissing or just reading or working together. Or, if you go with the pilot, maybe her girlfriend/wife taking Toryn for a ride on a starship? Star Wars PT Requested media
: Fic, art Breha/Padmé
I'd love to see either a Padmé lives AU where she takes refuge on Alderaan, or Padmé and Breha during Padmé's time as a Senator—perhaps they meet through Bail and fall in love? For art, I'd love to see them either at a ball, dancing together or kissing in a dark corner, or having a picnic somewhere outdoors on Alderaan. Mace/Obi-Wan
Okay, so I won't lie, I usually don't ship Obi-Wan with anyone (which isn't to say I wouldn't mind past Obi-Wan relationships for this pairing, especially Qui/Obi, to up the angst factor, because that'd be wonderful), but I saw this in the tagset, and, well. Oops? I'd love to see Mace and Obi-Wan reconciling their relationship with the values of the Jedi—or maybe they don't? Maybe the two of them leave the Jedi (after Anakin is fully trained, of course)? What will that change? Or mentor/student, with Mace taking Obi-Wan under his wing after Qui-Gon's death? Mon Mothma/Padmé
Politican-ly peers and in a casual relationship would be lovely, and I'd love to see more of Senate politics. Or a Padmé lives AU, the two of them founding the Rebellion together? For art, Mon Mothma and Padmé looking out at Coruscant together? Padmé/OFC
Something set during the interlude between TPM and AotC. Does Padmé fall in love (with a fellow politican, or a pilot, or a Jedi?)? Or is it a more friends-with-benefits thing? Padmé/Sabé
Queen and handmaiden on Naboo or later political intrigue would be lovely, with all the loyalty kink! I'm also very interested in Padmé lives AUs. And this doesn't even have to be very
AU! Everything can go as planned in the OT! And Leia's remembering her mother in RotJ makes a little more sense! Basically, I'd love Padmé and Sabé being rebel leaders together. Shmi/OFC
F!preg, with Anakin having no father but two mothers? (Or the OFC being a physical manifestation of the Force?) Or maybe Shmi and a fellow slave finding comfort in each other. Siri/Padmé
AU where Padmé falls in love with Siri instead of Anakin, please (with Siri living, of course)? What would change, and what wouldn't? How would Padmé falling in love with Siri come about? Would Siri leave the Jedi for Padmé? For art, I'd love them laughing together, or slow-dancing. Star Wars ST Requested media
: Fic, art Jessika/Rey
Partners in crime—flying together, whoever you choose being Rey's right hand (and yes, hand jokes welcome. Also Han jokes). Or maybe love in unexpected places, and/or Rey angst? Whichever you choose, I’d love something gentle, something about companionship. I don't mind either during TFA or post-TFA, and if post-TFA, speculation on the direction the next movie will go would be lovely! Phasma/Rey
What if Phasma was the one guarding Rey? What if Phasma was captured by the Resistance? What if Rey didn't escape? The possibilities are endless. I don’t mind redemption, but not too
easy (although something set far, far into the future with vague past redemption is fine)—and for this pairing, dark is lovely. Tragic backstory is always a bonus! The Hobbit Requested media
: Fic, art Galadriel/Tauriel
For this, I'd love power dynamics (preferably not of the explicit kind) and teaching/learning, and/or loyalty kink. Or something about power and beauty, and about limits which shouldn't be crossed. For art, I'd love something to do with starlight, please. Lírien/OFC(s), Lírien/Tauriel
I love music, so anything to do with music would be lovelovelove. I'd love slow burn, gentleness, romance in the sunset, and loyalty and music kink. For art, I'd love to see Lírien playing the harp, and one of her lovers looking down adoringly at her as she plays. The Lord of the Rings Requested media
: Fic, art Arwen/Éowyn, Arwen/Éowyn/Lothíriel, Éowyn/Lothíriel
Politics! Politics galore, please, and also queens finding themselves away from home and taking comfort from their peers. I don't mind infidelity, but open relationships would be so much better! For Éowyn/Lothíriel especially, but all of these relationships, I'd also like a bit more about the Rohirrim, and also horses (and this especially for art). Arwen/Gilraen
Oooh, I love this for its awkward connotations. A gentle fic, if portraying their relationship, but I'd also love a look at the awkwardness that would result—“Aragorn, I've already met your Mother. In fact, I've gone down on her too many times to count”. A relationship not based on love, but mutual loss and comfort, staving away loneliness, would be an added bonus. I'd also love bonding, and discussions/portrayals of mortality and immortality. What does Arwen's mother-in-law think about her? Surely they must have spent time together in Rivendell, possibly in the years before Arwen was betrothed, but after Aragorn had gone away. Did Aragorn's youthful crush result in mutual embarrassment? Or did they laugh over it? And I'd love advice, given and received, and also Elven vs. human perceptions of passing time. Arwen/Gilraen in the window of time between Aragorn going away and their betrothal would be lovely. Arwen/Goldberry
Arwen stumbles upon a strange woman early in the Third Age, in the peacetime, maybe? Or after Aragorn's death, finding some hope and comfort in life while she waits to pass? Either way, I'd love something gentle about mortality and loss, and/or about love in all its myriad forms. A bittersweet tone would be lovely. Berúthiel/OFC(s)
For this, love, loyalty, and tragedy. Also cats. I want cats. (And no animal abuse! I'd like Berúthiel secretly loving her cats
and not that way
.) Just two (or more!) cat ladies not
living happily ever after. (Yes, this is a crack pairing. Shhh. (But can also be played non-crack. I would adore that, too.)) Celebrían/Goldberry
A love (or lust!) story, please. Maybe young Celebrían stumbling upon a beautiful woman, and maybe something dangerous/wild? For art, I'd adore the two of them dancing in a forest. Daughter of Arwen/OFC
Something with drama, maybe? I'd love to see what Gondor is like at the beginning of the Fourth Age—politics, maybe, if your OFC is also a noblewoman? Goldberry/Lady of the Blue Brooch
There are so many lovely fics for this pairing, but I still want more! For those of you who don't know, the Lady of the Blue Brooch was a woman, presumably a noble of Cardolan, and her brooch found its way into the tomb of the last prince of Cardolan. And, of course, Goldberry (and Tom) knew her. From there, I'd love whatever your take on this would be! Mithrellas/Nimrodel
Ah, the good old mediaeval lady/handmaiden trope (and also loyalty?). I'd like to see Mithrellas' grief and longing for her lady, maybe, but also anger at Nimrodel for tossing her aside so easily when Amroth arrived. And maybe marrying Imrazôr is her way of saying 'fuck you' for that? And maybe she realizes that isn't enough? Or is there a gradual descent into madness? Hurt feelings and anger, power dynamics—all things I want. Whether they find each other again is up to you, but if you're focusing on them finding each other, then a completely happy ending isn't my thing —bittersweet or angsty would be better. The Silmarillion Requested media
: Fic, art Andreth/Galadriel
AU where Galadriel takes Aegnor's place, maybe? Or Galadriel visiting Andreth, with or without Finrod. I just want philosophical and political discussions, duty vs. love dilemmas, and maybe an unhappy ending (because I'm evil like that). For art, maybe that scene near Tarn Aeluin, with a star caught in Andreth's hair (only with Galadriel instead of Andreth)? Estë/Melian
I'd adore seeing Melian finding healing and comfort with Estë—something sweet and gentle and fluffy, please. Finduilas/Nellas/Niënor
If you can make this work canon-'verse, that would, of course, be lovely, but I am here for all the canon divergence AUs! I want these ladies to get a happy ending—taking back their lives, taking control. I don't mind initial angst, of course, if the beginning of their relationship is what you want to create, or bittersweet endings—I just don't want complete tragedy. Fingon/Fingon's Wife/Maedhros
I have my very specific headcanons for this—Fingon's wife was married, before, but her partner died, Fingon and Maedhros have a bond that no-one can touch, and Fingon's wife knows she'll never be able to love them enough to sacrifice what they do for each other, but she also loves them both in a less intense, less consuming manner, and they feel the same towards her—but that's basically the history of my version of them, and I'd love anything (and by anything, I really do mean anything
) you create! (For more specific prompts: maybe something planning the Union of Maedhros? Or something set during Mereth Aderthrad?) Messy dynamics are awesome, as is jealousy, as is companionship, as is—well, pretty much everything, for this ship. Galadriel/Varda
Something mystical and magical and dangerous
for these two, maybe? I'm interested in how this'd work—was it a passionate romance during the Years of the Trees, or did it happen after Galadriel came back at the end of the Third Age? I'd love art about stars and skies, please! Haleth/OFC(s)
If the OFC(s) is/are her bodyguard(s), that'd be wonderful! Loyalty for this, please, and warriors fighting side-by-side, and maybe the journey through Nan Dungorthreb? Indis/Nerdanel
Indis and Nerdanel in the house of Indis after Fëanor's Exile, or later, after the Darkening and the Doom, helping each other to cope, please? I just want all the angst and Doom. I'd love to see Indis and Nerdanel, something passionate and intense—kissing, maybe, or even just talking to each other. Or I'd love to see Indis as the Queen of the Ñoldor (whether as Finwë's wife or in her own right in an AU)—loyalty kink, anyone? Lindissë/Silmariën
I'd adore a bittersweet romance with Lindissë—Silmarien marries Elatan eventually, and I'd like that to be a mutually beneficial if not completely agreeable marriage, so Silmarien and Lindissë find their way through that? Awkward threesomes, if Elatan is open-minded? An open relationship based on the same premise? Or are they parted? (And maybe, for any of these—or any other idea you have—Silmarien starts a long campaign to allow same-sex marriage which culminates in Tar-Telperien's marriage to her wife many generations later?) Tar-Ancalimë/Nessanië
I get quite a lot of kicks out of imagining Tar-Ancalimë in love with Hallacar's sister! Something gentle would, of course, be lovely, but I'd also love politics and drama. Tar-Míriel/OFC(s)
I want Tar-Míriel to have a slice of happiness before—or after—everything goes wrong. Make the setting (and plot, if you're planning in the fic and plott-y direction) as dark as you like—the darker the better—but the relationship itself I'd prefer if it were more gentle, and loving. And, of course, Tar-Míriel as the Witch King is welcome! (Dark fucked-up-ness for that
would be wonderful!)