First of all, I'm terribly sorry for the ridiculously late letter. I was sick and all sorts of unfortunate things happened, but now this is finally here, I'm so happy we've matched, and I hope you have fun writing, vidding, or drawing for me :).
My prompts are slightly more fic-geared than vid- or art-geared (although most of them are hopefully general enough to apply to both), because, in art, I like a lot of the same thing for multiple characters, and most of the vid things I like apply to all vids in general; I've included a separate section for general art prompts at the beginning of the letter, and another section for vids.
If you want to know more about me , I’mThe_Wavesinger, the-wavesinger and The Wavesinger (Silmarillion Writers’ Guild) on my fannish haunts. You can also find me here on DW, and as the_wavesinger on LJ, but I don’t frequent those places often. If you want more on my fic preferences (however unlikely that is, after this very long letter!), my fic rec tag on Tumblr and my AO3 bookmarks may be of some use, and for art, my art and fan art tags on Tumblr may be of some use. You may also want to poke through my previous exchange letters, for both fic and art. And, of course, you can comment anonymously on this post or leave an anonymous ask on my Tumblr if you want to know more.
- Body horror/gore/guro (and violence more than canon level).
- Graphic descriptions of nausea/vomiting for fic, and for art, no nausea/vomiting at all, please.
- (Fic) Reader inserts.
- Mundane AUs.
- (Fic) A/B/O.
- Cis men becoming pregnant.
- Suicide/suicidal thoughts as the focus of the fic (passing mentions are fine; subplots are fine; the entire fic being about suicide isn't). Art featuring suicide is fine.
- Crossovers/fusions between fandoms I haven't asked for. (Crossover within any fandom in previous exchange letters and fandoms I've written for, along with any kind of mythology and folklore, are more than fine!)
- (Fic) AUs with modern settings are no-no’s unless there’s a reasonable canon explanation (eg-: Tolkien, people cursed to be reborn again and again into mortal forms) and that only in Tolkien. Even then, please no high school or coffee shop AUs.
- M/M or F/M I haven't asked for as the focus of the fic
- Please no age regression, or AUs in which one character is suddenly older than a previously older-than-them character (ageswap?).
- For smut, I'd prefer not to see scat, and watersports. Any sort of permanent marking/scarring and bloodplay only where I specifically prompt them, please. (Scarring and permanent markings outside smut is perfectly fine).
- Parent/child incest
- Graphic rape/non-con as the only, or main, focus of the work. (Dubcon is more than fine.) Non-graphic rape is fine, as is graphic rape if it's not the main focus of the work.
- (Fic) H/C fics centering on characters with depression and/or anxiety, and/or characters who self-harm or have eating disorders are not my favourite thing. (All of these things are more than fine in art and non-H/C fic, but not as the main focus of piece, please, and not as things which can be hugged/cuddled better.)
- Angst. Drama. Politics. Tragedy.
- Philosophical ponderings!
- Female-centric and F/F works always have my love. You can never go wrong with this.
- I love canon divergence AUs, and other ‘what-if’ scenarios.
- All the hard questions with no answers, characters trapped in unsolvable dilemmas, loss and grief and moving on.
- On soulmate AUs: I love them when it's messy and complicated (for example, one or both of them in love with someone else, soulmarks somehow blurred or removed on one person, circumstances which prevent them from getting together, one person not remembering their past lives but the other remembers), but for this trope, 'I knew the moment I saw you' is also lovely, as long as there's some angst. Also, I love timers, first/last words, names of both enemy and soulmate, and soulmarks. Red strings etc. are also fine, but please no variations of seeing color. Other soulmate things I love include in every version of every reality, in another life, fated to be separated again and again.
- In-world mythology
- I have A Thing for sister/sister, and focusing on the sister aspects of the relationship—how they're alike and how they're different, and just how they're sisters.
- Cultural differences and clashes that occur due to cultural differences.
- I adore OFCs and textual ghosts, for many, many reasons. Also femslash. Did I mention femslash?
- I'm more than fine with most side relationships, unless stated otherwise.
- Genderbending! I always love Rule 63'd characters.
- Stories featuring bi, pan, aro, and/or ace characters are lovely! (Aro but not ace characters I don't see at all, so extra love for that.)
- Open relationships! Threesomes! Moresomes! (Non-explicit) orgies!
- Transgender characters would be amazing, as would non-binary characters and just genderfuckery in general.
- I have zero problems with fics dealing with misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, racism etc. I like realism, but not overly-depressing fics or fics centered on issues at the expense of characterization. (I define 'overly-depressing' as continuous angst focusing on Issues and Only Issues.)
- I like relationships that are fated to end in tragedy, but I also like a pinch of humor with my angst.
- All the things that could've happened, but didn't.
- Characters who and relationships which fall just short of the mark, the almost-most-not-quite. I think the closest word to this would be hamartia in its original sense?
- Again, canon divergence AUs, and For Want Of A Nail and what-if scenarios. I'd love both longer fic and snapshots of what could have been, all the things that could've happened, but didn't.
- Fucked-up families and messy friendships which really, really aren't good for the characters, but they love each other very much anyway. I don't mind either characters finding ways to move past the fucked-upness and the relationships end up flourishing, or moving past fucked-up-ness and leaving what they don't want behind, but I also don't mind a constant cycle of messing up.
- Found families!
- For longer works, plotty fics are always welcome!
- Characters finding ways to come to terms with themselves, with their pasts, and with their loved ones and/or finding their place in the world (think Circle of Life).
- Characters who're broken, characters who're tired, characters who're lost, characters who refuse to be found, characters who're hurt over and over again, characters who never ever win, characters who've given up. And characters who love, characters who give, characters who're selfless and kind even after everything they've been through, characters who give their all and then some more to people they love, characters who never give up, characters who keep on hoping and keep on fighting even beyond the bitter end. And characters who're a mixture of both types.
- I like all kinds of fic, so go wild—linear narrative, flashbacks, epistolary…whatever you think of is lovely, the more daring the better.
- I love characters with flaws and unpleasant qualities! Awesome ladies can be awesome and flawed :).
- Characters teasing and bantering with each other.
- Iddy whump fic! (In general, bittersweet fics with lots of hurt (and not necessary comfort) and doom and gloom and/or politics and drama and plot hit my id very hard)
- I don’t mind any type of POV (including second person!). In fact, POV switches and outside POVs on relationships would be lovely.
- Smut: I love smut that's a mess of emotions and feelings. I'm not picky on kink beyond my DNWs; what I love is emotions and intenseness, however you choose to do that.
- Time travel and time loops, especially timefuckery where everything is fucked up!
- Competence porn!
- I also adore people being messes and general failboats, because, uh, contradictions?
- I like all kinds of vids—character-focused, relationship-focused, vids encompassing the canon or playing on a specific theme in the canon.
- For music accompanying the vid, I'm fine with any genre except EDM.
- I like both fast-paced vids and vids with a gentler atmosphere.
- I'd love to see what kind of AUs you can construct using both footage from the movies and from non-Star Wars films
- Trailers for AU scenarios!
- I love vids which mess with storylines and pacing and do wild and wacky stuff
- In general, if you're playing with one or two specific scenes, I'd prefer lots and lots of effects
- Effects in general are cool (flashing lights, film grain, the whole thingamajig)
- Vid prompts generally don't appear much, and when they do, they're probably very brief; please feel free to interpret any fic- or art- specific prompts you want, or go wild.
- I adore all kinds of jewellery—the more elaborate the better!
- And elaborate hairdos! And elaborate costumes!
- I do, however, also enjoy seeing characters in their workaday attire, doing everyday things.
- Characters with visible height differences from each other!
- Elaborate weapons
- Court settings with pomp and circumstance or everyday life are both things I enjoy seeing.
- Studies in opposites
- Limited palettes
- Characters of color! (Racebending is awesome, too.)
- Non-traditional art mediums would be welcome.
- Characters doing things they love together (I know this sounds very pairing-specific, but I'd lovelovelove this for friends and/or parents and children and/or siblings, too).
- Ceremonies and events (coronations, balls, feasts, weddings etc.)
- Characters arguing or debating with each other.
- Characters passionate with and about each other and about things they love
- Characters fighting and having each other's backs!
- Characters fighting and having each other's backs, and, for A:TLA, bending!
- Characters facing each other across the battlefield (especially friends-turned-enemies)
- Gift-giving, both literal and metaphorical
- Characters who look messy and/or rumpled and tired and way too fucking busy why is this my life
- Characters in a private moment
- Casually intimate gestures
- Kneeling and hand-kissing for pairings where I specify loyalty kink
- Forehead kissing!
- Day-to-day activities (eating, bathing, morning rituals etc.)
- Characters being cheesy or tender or dorky or awkward with each other (or all or some of these!).
Some more likes (general to everything), because it's near Hallow'een, and my Trick-or-Treat letter had lots of stuff I like but don't normally prompt because they're either very silly or very dark. These are 100% optional and just general things I like.
- Dark places and enchantments which entrap people without their knowledge
- Getting lost in creepy surroundings
- Corruption and decay
- Explorations of the darker side of the Force
- Exploration of supernatural aspects of Star Wars (like Zigoola)
- Angry sex, smut that gives off vibes of 'slightly creepy but in a way that can't be pinpointed'
- Nature being eerily alive and dangerous
- Characters trapped in vicious cycles
- Characters who think they're 'not good enough' for their partner(s)
- Situations where characters are blackmailed/coerced into doing things they don't want to do
- Fucked-up families and friendships and relationships; people codependent to the point of almost-insanity, and far beyond anything healthy
- Looking into messed-up characters' thought processes
- Terrible things being done in the name of good by characters who see themselves as good. Perversion of the 'good' side of the Force to do evil things.
- Mindfucks and powerplay
- Relationships where one characters is in love, but the other isn't
- Characters who hate themselves and lash out at the world and do fucked-up things as a result
- Really, really dark stories which end in the 'everyone dying' sort of tragedy
- AUs where everything goes wrong
- Basically, every dark thing not in my DNWs
- Characters dancing and spending time outdoors
- Characters in situations that shouldn't be funny, but are
- Humor in general, especially tongue-in-cheek humor and characters laughing at each other
- If you have smut in your fic, I prefer sensuality to insert-tab-A-into-slot-B and graphic anatomical descriptions. Bantering and laughing during sex is lovely, as is gentleness.
- Characters who're comfortable around each other, and who tease and laugh with each other
- Slice-of-life fics and, for relationships, a look at all the quirks/annoyances of cohabitation
- Casual situations and everyday annoyances
- Characters playing pranks on each other
- Generally over-the-top things played straight
- Drama interspersed with humor!
- Starlight and warm colors and pastels for art
- I'm more than fine with the EU, both the new EU and the old. I confess I'm not very familiar with it, but I love obscure EU details and characters nevertheless—if there's anything I don't know, I'll look it up on Wookiepedia. So go wild! (I know I've propounded upon my dislike of Rebels, but don't take it to heart—I dislike the show itself, but I'll love your interpretation as long as my requested character plays the main role, and Kanan and Ezra stay out of sight, and preferably far, far away.)
- I'm interested in the way the Jedi fail. If the attachment thing is what you love, then go with it, but I'd also love to see a different take. I've always wondered why the Jedi—a religious order which you could leave if you wanted to—are considered wrong for the non-attachment thing (and I admit that the demonization of Buddhist culture and lumping different kinds of Buddhism plus a few other Eastern religions together isn't my favourite thing!). I'd love a take on the Jedi where the Jedi's failings are that it's not made more explicit that leaving is OK, that they get too bogged down in politics instead of doing what's right, and that they encourage attachment in the form of the (very close) Master/Padawan relationship (and whatever else faults, I'm sure there are many!). A respectful take on so-called 'Eastern' religions would be much appreciated!
- Regarding Anakin—I understand his position, and where he's coming from, but 'it's all Obi-Wan's/Yoda's/Padmé's/Qui-Gon's fault' is not my thing, and I have zero sympathy for the fact that he killed little children. Reluctantly, maybe, (and not-so-reluctantly with the Tuskens) but he killed little children, and I don't really like that. At all. What I would enjoy is an AU where Anakin left the Jedi because he realized that he wanted attachments.
- Or just ignoring the attachments things in favour of all the ships is fine as well!
Beru Whitesun/Original Female Character
I'd love a story about Beru's childhood and teenage years. Maybe Beru comes from Mos Eisley or Mos Espa, and her life as a merchant's daughter.I'd love to see Tatooine culture; maybe Beru and her lover enacting some sort of wider legend? Or maybe an AU where Beru lives and falls in love with a Rebellion pilot?
Something of a crack pairing, yes, but I'd love to see where you go with this. Either Phasma or Jessika being captured? Them knowing each other when they were younger? Meeting each other on the battlefield and either falling in love or a fucked-up love/hate relationship? Feel free to go wild!
Fic, art, vid
Partners in crime—flying together, whoever you choose being Rey's right hand (and yes, hand jokes welcome. Also Han jokes). Or maybe love in unexpected places, and/or Rey angst? Whichever you choose, I’d love something gentle, something about companionship. I don't mind either during TFA or post-TFA, and if post-TFA, speculation on the direction the next movie will go would be lovely!
Jyn Erso/Leia Organa
Fic, art, vid
Maybe Jyn is supposed to meet a Rebel Alliance contact on Alderaan or Coruscant, and it turns out be Princess Leia herself? I'd love to see them snarking at each other—their personalities seem to be built to clash—and carrying out a mission together, and perhaps slowly falling for each other? Rogue One speculation is more than welcome!
Jyn Erso/Mon Mothma
Fic, art, vid
Powerplay shenanigans! I love how not-impressed Mon Mothma is with Jyn, so anything playing with that would be gold. And loyalty kink, and Mon Mothma giving orders, and Rebellion missions. I'd love any what-ifs of Rogue One you want to play with, too!
Leia Organa/Luke Skywalker
Fic, art, vid
I'd love to see a focus on their relationship and their similarities and differences. How do they reconcile themselves with their opposing views of their father? What sort of relationship do they have? Again, messy family stuff is lovely, maybe with a side of incest kink thrown in.
Leia Organa/Luke Skywalker/Han Solo
Fic, art, vid
For Han/Luke/Leia, I love the messy dynamics and political manoeuvring and adventure and philosophy and all other stuff this entails. Messiness is lovely, and all the angst and conflict (especially over Leia's and Luke's birth family) and guilt and general fucked-up things, although love and trust and mutual support and 'let's see who kicks ass best' competitions are also great.
Fic, art, vid
Dark, dark, dark, once again! I'd love to see anything from redemption to complete, utter, fucked-up-ness, as long as there's some darkness. One being another's prisoner, facing each other across the battlefield, Leia accidentally communicating with Phasma using the Force...anything goes, really, as long as there's some sort of dark vibe.
Mon Mothma/Leia Organa
Fic, art, vid
I'd love Leia/Mon Mothma fic in any form. Specific prompts include mentorship, politican-ly peers and in a casual relationship (before Leia gets together with Han, though), or Leia going to Mon Mothma for help with the Resistance after Ben Falls, and finding comfort in an old friend maybe wasn't part of the plan and certainly not officially sanctioned, but...
For art, maybe Mon Mothma mentoring Leia, or the two of them just talking. Or something pre-TFA but only by a few years, a quiet love scene, General Organa and the former leader of the Rebellion and of the New Republic.
Obi-Wan Kenobi/Mace Windu
Okay, so I won't lie, I usually don't ship Obi-Wan with anyone (which isn't to say I wouldn't mind past Obi-Wan relationships for this pairing, especially Qui/Obi, to up the angst factor, because that'd be wonderful), but I saw this in the RarePair tagset, and, well. Oops?
Clearly the beginning of all great 'ships. I'd love to see Mace and Obi-Wan reconciling their relationship with the values of the Jedi—or maybe they don't? Maybe the two of them leave the Jedi (after Anakin is fully trained, of course)? What will that change? Or mentor/student, with Mace taking Obi-Wan under his wing after Qui-Gon's death?
Padmé Amidala/Mon Mothma
Fic, art, vid
Politican-ly peers and in a casual relationship would be lovely, and I'd love to see more of Senate politics. Or a Padmé lives AU, the two of them founding the Rebellion together?
For art, Mon Mothma and Padmé looking out at Coruscant together?
Padmé Amidala/Breha Organa
Fic, art, vid
I'd love to see either a Padmé lives AU where she takes refuge on Alderaan, or Padmé and Breha during Padmé's time as a Senator—perhaps they meet through Bail and fall in love? For art, I'd love to see them either at a ball, dancing together or kissing in a dark corner, or having a picnic somewhere outdoors on Alderaan.
Padmé Amidala/Eirtaé/Rabé/Sabé/Saché/Yané, Padmé Amidala/Cordé/Dormé/Moteé/Versé
I've put the Queen-era and Senator-era handmaiden 'ships together, because I basically want the same things from both; I hope that's alright!
I'd love to see loyalty kink for these 'ships, and all the powerplay and identity porn. Naboo rituals, both of the traditional and sex-y sort, would also be wonderful! (Chastity play? The Queen submitting to her handmaidens as a ritual reminder that she serves her people? The handmaidens pledging loyalty to their Senator/Queen?)
Fic, art, vid
Queen and handmaiden on Naboo or later political intrigue would be lovely, with all the loyalty kink and politics, and wordplay and disguises and identity porn! I'm also very interested in Padmé lives AUs. And this doesn't even have to be very AU! Everything can go as planned in the OT! And Leia's remembering her mother in RotJ makes a little more sense! Basically, I'd love Padmé and Sabé being rebel leaders together.
Padmé Amidala/Siri Tachi
An AU where Padmé falls in love with Siri instead of Anakin, please (with Siri living, of course)? What would change, and what wouldn't? How would Padmé falling in love with Siri come about? Would Siri leave the Jedi for Padmé?
For art, I'd love them laughing together, or slow-dancing.
What if Phasma was the one guarding Rey? What if Phasma was captured by the Resistance? What if Rey didn't escape? The possibilities are endless. I don’t mind redemption, but not too easy (although something set far, far into the future with vague past redemption is fine)—and for this pairing, dark is lovely. Tragic backstory is always a bonus!
Shmi Skywalker/Original Female Character
F!preg, with Anakin having no father but two mothers? (Or the OFC being a physical manifestation of the Force?) Or maybe Shmi and a fellow slave finding comfort in each other. Something bittersweet, please, and perhaps something about Tatooine slave culture.
Toryn Farr/Leia Organa
Junior officer and commander! Loyalty kink! I'd especially love to see how the Rebellion works, so, for fic, a day-in-the-life would be great. Or maybe them discussing some plans together, or Leia commanding Toryn (wink wink nudge nudge), o a stolen moment?
Toryn Farr/Original Female Character
I'd love to see more of Toryn's life in the Rebellion, with her girlfriend or wife; maybe she's also part of the Rebellion (a pilot?), and if so, I'd love to see them both on missions and on the Rebel base. And what do they do post-RotJ? Do one or both of them go into civil service? Do something different all together? Settle down and/or start a family? Or maybe the two of them spending downtime together on the Rebel base, kissing or just reading or working together. Or, if you go with the pilot, maybe her girlfriend/wife taking Toryn for a ride on a starship?