Greetings, dearest creator!
First of all, I'm terribly sorry that this letter is so late, and I understand perfectly if you've decided to ODAO. That being said, I'm so happy we've matched, and I hope you have fun writing or drawing for me :). My prompts are slightly more fic-geared than art-geared (although most of them are hopefully general enough to apply to both), because I like a lot of the same thing across multiple groupings; I've included a separate section for general art prompts at the beginning of the letter. And I know that some of my prompts are longer than others, but that's mostly because for some prompts, I know exactly what I want to say, but for others, I ramble a lot—it's a problem with wording! I would love fic and art for any of the groups I've offered equally.
If you want to know more about me , I’mThe_Wavesinger, the-wavesinger and The Wavesinger (Silmarillion Writers’ Guild) on my fannish haunts. You can also find me here on DW, and as the_wavesinger on LJ, but I don’t frequent those places often. If you want more on my fic preferences (however unlikely that is, after this very long letter!), my fic rec tag on Tumblr and my AO3 bookmarks may be of some use, and for art, my art and fan art tags on Tumblr may be of some use. You may also want to poke through my previous exchange letters, for both fic and art. And, of course, you can comment anonymously on this post or leave an anonymous ask on my Tumblr if you want to know more.
- Body horror/gore/guro (and violence more than canon level).
- Anything more than mild horror, for fic, and horror at all, for art.
- Graphic descriptions of nausea/vomiting for fic, and for art, no nausea/vomiting at all, please.
- (Fic) Reader inserts.
- Mundane AUs.
- (Fic) A/B/O.
- Cis men becoming pregnant.
- Suicide/suicidal thoughts as the focus of the fic (passing mentions are fine; subplots are fine; the entire fic being about suicide isn't). Art featuring suicide is fine.
- Crossovers/fusions between fandoms I've neither written for in the past nor have included in my signup. I do adore crossovers and fusions; I just don't want, for example, daemons in Middle-earth or Harry Potter-style magic in a galaxy far, far away. (If in doubt, ask! I'm just saying this because there are some fandoms I'd rather not see, but those are relatively few, but I'd adore, for example, Star Wars AUs in almost any fandom).
- (Fic) Fics which are all fluff are very difficult for me to stomach—a limit to the cuteness would be good. (Which isn't to say I don't like fluff; I just like fluff in moderation, and with a dose of conflict!)
- Love at first sight is not my favourite thing. It's mostly to do with the fluff limit, so if you add complications, then I'm more than fine with it!
- (Fic) AUs with modern settings are no-no’s unless there’s a reasonable canon explanation (eg-: Tolkien, people cursed to be reborn again and again into mortal forms) and that only in Tolkien. Even then, please no high school or coffee shop AUs.
- Please no age regression, or AUs in which one character is suddenly older than a previously older-than-them character (ageswap?).
- (Fic) H/C fics centering on characters with depression and/or anxiety, and/or characters who self-harm or have eating disorders are not my favourite thing. (All of these things are more than fine in art and non-H/C fic, but not as the main focus of piece, please, and not as things which can be hugged/cuddled better.)
- (Fic) Same for torture as the main focus of a fic, although I don't mind PTSD with flashbacks to torture.
- No torture in art.
- Angst. Drama. Politics. Tragedy.
- Philosophical ponderings!
- Female-centric aworks always have my love. You can never go wrong with this.
- I love canon divergence AUs, and other ‘what-if’ scenarios.
- All the hard questions with no answers, characters trapped in unsolvable dilemmas, loss and grief and moving on.
- I love the whole mythological aspect of both Tolkien and Star Wars, and whatever you may choose to do with that.
- Cultural differences and clashes that occur due to that.
- I adore OFCs and textual ghosts.
- I'm more than fine with most side relationships, unless stated otherwise.
- Genderbending! I always love Rule 63'd characters.
- Stories featuring bi, pan, aro, and/or ace characters are lovely! (Aro but not ace characters I don't see at all, so extra love for that.)
- Transgender characters would be amazing, as would non-binary characters and just genderfuckery in general.
- I have zero problems with fics dealing with misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, racism etc. I like realism, but not overly-depressing fics or fics centered on issues at the expense of characterization. (I define 'overly-depressing' as continuous angst focusing on Issues and Only Issues.)
- I like relationships that are fated to end in tragedy, but I also like a pinch of humor with my angst.
- All the things that could've happened, but didn;t/
- Characters who and relationships which fall just short of the mark, the almost-most-not-quite. I think the closest word to this would be hamartia in its original sense?
- Again, canon divergence AUs, and For Want Of A Nail and what-if scenarios. I'd love both longer fic and snapshots of what could have been.
- Fucked-up families and messy friendships which really, really aren't good for the characters, but they love each other very much anyway. I don't mind either characters finding ways to move past the fucked-upness and the relationships end up flourishing, or moving past fucked-up-ness and leaving what they don't want behind, but I also don't mind a constant cycle of messing up. Found families!
- Intense friendships which play a central role in the characters' lives.
- For longer works, plotty fics are always welcome!
- Characters finding ways to come to terms with themselves, with their pasts, and with their loved ones and/or finding their place in the world (think Circle of Life).
- Characters who're broken, characters who're tired, characters who're lost, characters who refuse to be found, characters who're hurt over and over again, characters who never ever win, characters who've given up. And characters who love, characters who give, characters who're selfless and kind even after everything they've been through, characters who give their all and then some more to people they love, characters who never give up, characters who keep on hoping and keep on fighting even beyond the bitter end. And characters who're a mixture of both types.
- I like all kinds of fic, so go wild—linear narrative, flashbacks, epistolary…whatever you think of is lovely, the more daring the better.
- I love characters with flaws and unpleasant qualities! Awesome ladies can be awesome and flawed :).
- Characters teasing and bantering with each other.
- Iddy whump fic! (In general, bittersweet fics with lots of hurt (and not necessary comfort) and doom and gloom and/or politics and drama and plot hit my id very hard)
- I don’t mind any type of POV (including second person!). In fact, POV switches and outside POVs on relationships would be lovely.
- Time travel and time loops, especially timefuckery where everything is fucked up!
- Competence porn!
- I also adore people being messes and general failboats, because, uh, contradictions?
- I adore all kinds of jewellery—the more elaborate the better!
- And elaborate hairdos! And elaborate costumes!
- I do, however, also enjoy seeing characters in their workaday attire, doing everyday things.
- Characters with visible height differences from each other!
- Elaborate weapons
- Court settings with pomp and circumstance or everyday life are both things I enjoy seeing.
- Studies in opposites
- Limited palettes
- Characters of color! (Racebending is awesome, too.) I'd especially love South Asian characters.
- Non-traditional art mediums would be welcome.
- For parents and children, older children taking care of their parents, or sharing a moment of quiet companionship with them
- Gift-giving, both literal and metaphorical
- Characters doing things they love together, especially for friendship but parents and children too
- Ceremonies and events (coronations, balls, feasts etc.)
- Characters arguing or debating with each other.
- Characters passionate about friends and family and about things they love
- Characters being cheesy or dorky or awkward (or all or some of these!).
- Characters fighting and having each other's backs, and, for A:TLA, bending!
- Characters facing each other across the battlefield (especially friends-turned-enemies)
- Characters who look messy and/or rumpled and tired and way too fucking busy why is this my life
Fandom-specific likes for Tolkien:
- There aren't enough fics based on the Myths Transformed version of Middle-earth, and if that's something you'd like to explore, I'd love that, especially a more scientifically accurate (and sometimes, to my mind, a more tragic-and-dark-but-beautiful) vision of Middle-earth. (Other versions would also be wonderful, of course! This is just a specific thing I don't see much of.)
- I love the fact that Tolkien's canon is a patchwork of different stories and mythologies, both in the Doylist and Watsonian sense, and fic exploring that would be wonderful.
- Linked with the points above, I'm interested in lived vs. written stories, and Those Pesky Historians, and how unseen forces affect history.
- The mortals and Elves/free will and destiny debate and the role of the Valar would be a wonderful thing to read about—I'd love exploration of any of the philosophical questions of Tolkien's world, really, but especially this, as detailed in the Athrabeth and writings about the role of the Valar.
- I love the way magic and power operate in Tolkien's world—the work he's done to make it believable is wonderful. Writing a green sun, indeed! Anything you can write about this would be welcome and much-adored.
- I especially love the Ñoldor and Númenor, although every Age of Middle-earth holds my heart.
- For interspecies relationships, I'd love to see an emphasis on otherness and trying to understand each other.
And Star Wars:
- I'm more than fine with the EU (there's a reason I'm asking for Legends!), both the new EU and the old. I confess I'm not very familiar with it, but I love obscure EU details and characters nevertheless—if there's anything I don't know, I'll look it up on Wookiepedia. So go wild! (I know I've propounded upon my dislike of Rebels, but don't take it to heart—I dislike the show itself, but I'll love your interpretation as long as my requested character plays the main role, and Kanan and Ezra stay out of sight, and preferably far, far away.)
- I'm interested in the way the Jedi fail. If the attachment thing is what you love, then go with it, but I'd also love to see a different take. Being brought up in a Theravada Buddhist household (although I'm currently agnostic), I've always wondered why the Jedi—a religious order which you could leave if you wanted to—are considered wrong for the non-attachment thing (and I admit that the demonization of my culture isn't my favourite thing!). I'd love a take on the Jedi where the Jedi's failings are that it's not made more explicit that leaving is OK, that they get too bogged down in politics instead of doing what's right, and that they encourage attachment in the form of the (very close) Master/Padawan relationship (and whatever else faults, I'm sure there are many!). A respectful take on so-called 'Eastern' religions would be much appreciated!
- Regarding Anakin—I understand his position, and where he's coming from, but 'it's all Obi-Wan's/Yoda's/Padmé's/Qui-Gon's fault' is not my thing, and I have zero sympathy for the fact that he killed little children. Reluctantly, maybe, (and not-so-reluctantly with the Tuskens) but he killed little children, and I don't really like that. At all. What I would enjoy is an AU where Anakin left the Jedi because he realized that he wanted attachments.
- Or just ignoring the attachments things in favour of all the ships is fine as well!
General art things: bending! Both fighting and everyday bending; I just love how pretty and graceful bending is.
Azula & Ursa, Zuko & Ursa
All the angst for these two relationships, please! I feel like Ursa would feel very guilty for leaving her children behind (and especially for choosing to give up her memories of them, if you're following the comics 'verse), although there was no other alternative. Azula and Ursa, I feel, would be very fucked up and messy, on both sides of the equation but especially Azula's, even pre-canon, before Ursa leaves, and I'd love to see something dark and angsty. I don't think that Zuko and Ursa would have a perfect relationship after Ursa left, either (not fucked-up, per se, just not...happy), and explorations of that would be wonderful. For either of the relationships, both post-canon and pre-canon would be lovely. (If you want to work Azula & Zuko in with either or both of the relationships, you're very welcome to!)
Azula & Zuko
I love how they're twisted mirrors of each other, and I'd love to see something on how fucked-up they are, and yet how, ultimately, they love each other (even if that love doesn't stop them from destroying each other). Either pre-, post-, or during canon would be wonderful!
And all the fire-themed arts, please
and also dragons.
Katara & Suki
Sisters-in-arms fic! Katara and Suki fighting together, please, finding common ground through Sokka and slowly building a friendship. Kick-ass women kicking ass, action, adventure! And all the bittersweet fluffiness is also lovely.
Katara & Kya & Kanna
Three generations of Southern Water Water Tribe women! I'd love to see the three of them interacting when Katara's very young. Or maybe Kanna or Katara reminiscing after Kya's death? I'd love to see Southern Water Tribe culture, and maybe something about Katara's waterbending?
For art, maybe something with ice, and/or a happy moment?
Katara & Zuko
I find their friendship intriguing; they're so similar and yet so different, and they seem to understand each other well. I imagine they'd be close post-canon, and especially near the end of their lives when the rest of the Gaang is gone. Or during canon, maybe something bittersweet with a hint of darkness, about their mothers and what they've lost?
For art, other than the general prompts, I'd also love to see Katara's and Zuko's bending intermeshing.
Ty Lee & Kyoshi Warriors
I'd love to see Ty Lee finding her place among the Kyoshi Warriors, maybe with initial missteps and fumbles, and something about learning and teaching, and companionship, and letting go would be lovely!
For art, I lovelovelove the Kyoshi Warriors' facepaint, and their costumes, and their fighting style!
Toph & Katara
Katara and Toph fighting together, and fighting with each other. I love that Katara becomes a sort of sister/mother figure to Toph, but who is Toph to Katara? Either during or post-canon, I'd love to see them talking together, maybe?
Toph & Zuko
I'd love to see snark and banter and teasing and Zuko being embarrassed and awkward, mixed in with a little angst. How does the education of the children of nobles differ in different nations? Do they find common ground over that, or do they find each other immensely confusing? I also loved Toph trying to bond with Zuko over their childhoods and Zuko being annoyed by it, and if you want to, I'd love to see Zuko eventually opening up to Toph in his own awkward, fumbling way.
Yangchen & Kyoshi
How do Avatars adapt to being thrust into a world of alien cultures and people, and regarded as a god among them? How do they react to this, by clinging tighter to their culture and heritage or letting it go altogether? Does Kyoshi turn to her past life? How does she get on with Yangchen? Does she like her or is she annoyed by her? What does she think of Yangchen's advice and how Yangchen lived her life? And, in the afterlife, do they bond? Basically, I'd love culture clashes and cultural exploration, and a journey to find balance.
Yugoda & her students
I'd love to see more about healing and Northern Water Tribe culture, and Yugoda teaching the female waterbenders of the tribe.
I love the blue glow of waterbending healing, so, for art, something with that would be wonderful!
General art things: I'd love something eerie and supernatural for these groups, please, something to do with the elements, wild and dangerous.
Arien (Silmarillion) & the Balrog of Moria
Balrogs were once creatures of flame, and I like to imagine that Arien was one of these Maiar, too. Were they friends, long ago, and now they fight on opposite sides? (That could shine a whole new light on the sun shining brightly during Gandalf's and the Balrog's fight on Zirakzigil!) Does Arien still grieve for a fallen friend?
For art, fire, please, lots of fire!
Finduilas of Dol Amroth (LOTR) & Uinen (Silmarillion)
Maybe Finduilas used to go down to the sea and talk to it when she lived in Dol Amroth? Or maybe, after she dies, the sea claims her? Feel free to go wildly AU with this!
Goldberry (LOTR) & Melian (Silmarillion)
As far as supernatural beings go, these two seem to be very, very different from each other, and I'd love an exploration of that—perhaps Goldberry wandered into Beleriand in the First Age and somehow managed to bypass the Girdle of Melian?
Goldberry (LOTR) & Uinen (Silmarillion)
Goldberry is the River-woman's daughter, so it's not inconceivable that she's related to Uinen. I'd like to see them meeting—what do they make of each other? They both seem to be wild, free spirits, so maybe something supernatural?
Star Wars Original Trilogy
Breha Organa & Leia Organa
Breha with little Leia, please, taking time out of her busy day to be with her daughter, please, or older Leia reminiscing about her mother (and if you've also offered Leia & Mon Mothma, maybe the two of them reminiscing together?).
Mon Mothma & Leia Organa
Mentorship! Mon Mothma mentoring Leia in the Senate, and later in the Rebellion, and Leia looking up to and admiring Mon Mothma. Or the two of them and other Rebellion leaders cleaning up the last dregs of the Empire and retaking Coruscant. Or maybe the New Republic, something political? Or Leia going to Mon Mothma for help with the Resistance after Ben Falls?
Star Wars Prequel Trilogy
General art things: different planets and clothing changing between planets! Star Wars has such a rich and varied universe, and I'd love art exploring that. And Jedi robes! I don't know why, but I have a thing for Jedi robes, how similar they are to each other, but still each having their own individual cut. Other general notes: Taylor Swift's 'Safe and Sound' is my Padmé lives and other slightly-but-not-completely fix-it AUs.
Bail Organa & Leia Organa
Bail mentoring Leia in politics and introducing her to the Rebellion, perhaps? Or Bail telling Leia stories about the Old Republic and about his old friends (dressed up in pseudonyms, of course)? Or Bail telling Leia about General Kenobi, perhaps? Or Leia mourning Bail post-Alderaan? (Feel free to combine this group with Breha & Leia)
Breha Organa & Leia Organa
Breha with little Leia, please, taking time out of her busy day to be with her daughter, please, or older Leia reminiscing about her mother (and if you've also offered Leia & Mon Mothma, maybe the two of them reminiscing together?).
Breha Organa & Padmé Amidala
Politics or friendship (or both!) during the movies; or maybe something about the Delegation of Two Thousand? I'd love to see how two Queens of two different planets with two completely different systems react to each other's style of politics! Or maybe something about the founding of the Rebellion. Or a Padmé lives AU, maybe, with Padmé finding shelter in Alderaan for a while, or running the Rebellion?
Obi-Wan Kenobi & Anakin Skywalker
Maybe fighting together in the Clone Wars, or the lost years, the ten years between TPM and AotC, Anakin as Obi-Wan's Padawan, first entering the Temple or as a 13-14 year old? Obi-Wan advising and teaching Anakin, and their fucked-up relationship and how everything is messy between them but they love each other anyway (not in a shippy way! Friendship, please, or not-quite-friendship, but whatever you call what's between Masters and Padawans). Or, if you want to go AU, Mustafar AUs are always lovely, the more fucked-up the better, or maybe an AU where Obi-Wan finds out about Anakin's reaction to Shmi's death, or AU where Qui-Gon lives, but Obi-Wan trains Anakin anyway?
Fall Out Boy's Centuries is my theme song for these two, switching between Anakin's and Obi-Wan's POVs. For Obi-Wan's, Little Mix's 'Lightning' (and maybe Qui-Gon angst), only not romantically.
Obi-Wan Kenobi & Bail Organa
Politics! Politics galore, please, and Obi-Wan's distaste for it, and banter and snark, maybe Bail and Obi-Wan having to work together on some Senate committee regarding the war. Or, if you've read Wild Space, maybe the two of them post-novel, some dark H/C and/or angst, with suitable doom and gloom premonitions about the fall of the Republic? Or Obi-Wan and Bail sharing vague suspicions about how the war is not-quite-right, maybe something to do with the Delegation of Two Thousand and/or the Rebellion (during or post-RotS)?
Obi-Wan Kenobi & Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi & Yoda
I see Obi-Wan as having quite strong bonds with Yoda and with Mace; we see the three of them together a lot, and I know this is a plot device, but Obi-Wan is still a junior Master spending a lot of time with senior Council members—maybe they're vetting him for the Council? Maybe one or both of them mentor Obi-Wan through the early days of his Knighthood, and later strike up a friendship And I see Obi-Wan as a Master who never got to be Knight—or if he was a Knight, he earned his Mastery quickly (see: 'Master Kenobi' in AotC, which most people interpret as just a form of address, I know, but even Yoda calls him that), so maybe something about that? Or, the final scene in AotC where Yoda, Mace, and Obi-Wan are having what amounts to their own private Council session (when Obi-Wan isn't even on the Council)—what's going on there?
Padmé Amidala & Leia Organa & Luke Skywalker
Padmé lives and goes on the run with her children! I'd love to see Luke and Leia growing up with their mother (and whoever comes with them? Obi-Wan? Ahsoka? Sabé?) and eventually joining the Rebellion. Alternately, if you feel like angst, Padmé watching her children from wherever she is within the Force?
Padmé Amidala & Obi-Wan Kenobi
Again, if you've read Wild Space, I love what we see of Padmé's and Obi-Wan's interactions there. Or Obi-Wan during the Clone Wars, discussing a political situation with Padmé (and Obi-Wan's legendary dislike of politicians being worked in!) and perhaps Padmé seeing the toll the war is taking on the Jedi? Or a Padmé lives AU where Padmé goes on the run with the twins and Obi-Wan!
Padmé Amidala & Obi-Wan Kenobi & Anakin Skywalker
How do the three of them fit together? Do they spend time together, all three of them? Is it awkward, or do they have an easy friendship? How do the individual tensions between them come into play?
Qui-Gon Jinn & Obi-Wan Kenobi
Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan pre-canon (and post-JA if that's something that works for you). I like to imagine that, while they aren't the perfect Master-Padawan pair (no matter what the rest of the Order thinks), and it is quite fucked up, they're happy too, at some points—or whatever your headcanon is, I always love new takes on these two. Or Qui-Gon lives! (and Anakin Falls anyway. Or does he? There are so many ways to play this; Qui-Gon training Anakin and on good terms with Obi-Wan, them drifting apart, Obi-Wan training Anakin, Qui-Gon in a coma until some years after Naboo...) Either way, I'd love something bittersweet for this group.
Star Wars Sequel Trilogy
Leia Organa & Rey
I love what little we see of their relationship in the movies, and I want more! Leia advising Rey, them finding kinship in each other, Jedi!Leia teaching Rey about the Force—anything you could think of would be lovely. Maybe a missing scene, with Leia and Rey at the Resistance base, mourning Han together and/or bonding. Or maybe post-TFA, a futurefic where they meet again?
The Clone Wars
Obi-Wan Kenobi & Ahsoka Tano
Maybe an AU where Ahsoka is Obi-Wan's padawan instead of Anakin's (and I'd love it if you managed to include 'You never would have made it as Obi-Wan's Padawan', suitably modified for circumstances, of course—maybe Anakin's just a little jealous, because we all know how possesive he is?), and what would change, and what wouldn't . Or Obi-Wan working behind the scenes to exonerate Ahsoka in Season Five, anyone? Or an AU where Anakin doesn't find Ventress in time and Obi-Wan decides to take action?
For art, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka fighting together, please, and/or Obi-Wan mentoring Ahsoka, or Ahsoka deliberately annoying Obi-Wan.
Padmé Amidala & Ahsoka Tano
I love these two so, so much, and anything during TCW would be lovely, as long as it has Padmé and Ahsoka hanging out together. Maybe Padmé recruiting Ahsoka's help for the Delegation of Two Thousand or the two of them discussing Jedi philosophy or the Republic, or Padmé teasing Ahsoka? And if you want to go the Padmé lives direction, I'd love to see Padmé and Ahsoka (and maybe some of the handmaidens and Obi-Wan?) going on the run and fighting the Empire together! For fic and art both, I'd love an emphasis on the difference between their ages (Ahsoka is awfully young after all), and how different they are in general.
The Goblin Emperor
General art things: elf ears! I, uh, may have a slight thing for pointed years
they're too cute for words. And art which is steampunk-y, because that's one of the things I adore about this canon.
Csethiro Ceredin & Vedero Drazhin
We know these two are friends, but precious little about their friendship. How do they spend time together? Does Csethiro teach Vedero how to duel? Does Vedero take Csethiro to see the stars? Do they argue about philosophy, tease each other, be silly with each other?
Kiru Athmaza & Mireän Drazhin & Ino Drazhin
I'd love to see Kiru with the two girls, maybe playing with them, maybe guarding them. I just want them to be filled with wonder that a girl can be a nohecharo too.
Kiru Athmaza & Csethiro Ceredin
Anything to do with Kiru and Csethiro would be lovely—maybe Kiru is surprised by how good Csethiro is at fencing? Or when Csethiro first marries Maia, getting to know each other?
Kiru Athmaza & Maia Drazhar
All the loyalty and fierce protectiveness, please! I'd love to see Kiru protecting Maia from an assassin (maybe with Csethiro, too?), or the two of them talking about random things (I have a thing for conversations in this fandom. Conversation porn? Is that a thing?).
Maia Drazhar & Idra Drazhar & Mireän Drazhin & Ino Drazhin
I love what we see of them together! Anything with Maia and his cousin, really, maybe something with politics and/or something set five or ten years in the future?
Maia Drazhar & Vedero Drazhin
Again, I love the glimpses of their relationship we're given in the book, and I'd love to see more. Perhaps Maia and Vedero stargazing together? Or I'd love to see Vedero advising Maia about something, or even becoming one of his advisers eventually.
The Lord of the Rings
Arwen & her Daughters, Arwen & Celebrían, Arwen & Galadriel
Arwen with her female relatives! I'd love to see fluff and angst and relationship advice—perhaps Arwen coming to terms with her mortality? Or Arwen grieving for her mother (and telling her children stories of her mother)? My main request for these groupings is something bittersweet and not a completely unhappy ending, please.
Arwen & Ioreth
I'd like learning and teaching for this, something gentle but bittersweet, and dealing with mortality and loss.
Éowyn & Lothíriel, Lothíriel & Arwen & Éowyn
Politics! Politics galore, please, and also queens finding themselves away from home and taking comfort from their peers, and having adventures, and ruling while their husbands are away. For Éowyn & Lothíriel especially, but both relationships, I'd also like a bit more about the Rohirrim. I love horses, so if you could include equestrian detail in the fic that'd also be lovely.
Éowyn & Morwen of Lossarnach
Morwen is seventeen years younger than Thengel, so I'd like to think that she would have been alive some time into Aragorn's reign—did Éowyn meet her after the war? Éowyn is said to have a 'grace and pride' that came from her grandmother, so something about their similarities, maybe?
Galadriel & Goldberry
Galadriel and Goldberry are two beings so different from each other and each very powerful in their own way—what would happen if they met? Something slightly eerie, please, something about magic and the roots of Middle-earth.
Gilraen & Arwen
What does Arwen's mother-in-law think about her? Surely they must have spent time together in Rivendell, possibly in the years before Arwen was betrothed, but after Aragorn had gone away. How did they get on? Very well, or not at all? Did Aragorn's youthful crush result in mutual embarrassment? Or did they laugh over it? And I'd love advice, given and received, and also Elven vs. Human perceptions of passing time.
Goldberry & Lady of the Blue Brooch
If you know me, you also probably know that I'm more than a little obsessed with the Lady of the Blue Brooch! Where did she come from? Who was she? How did Goldberry know her? And how did her brooch end up in the barrow of the last Prince of Cardolan?
Hild & Helm's daughter
Helm's daughter and Hild could have died when Edoras was taken, but I like to think that they survived for some time, at least, in Dunharrow (although I'm not clear on whether that would've been probable) or in Hornburg. It would have been grim, either way, and I'd love to see something about finding hope in the midst of darkness, something bittersweet and uplifting. Or maybe happier times, Hild spending time with her niece before the Dunlendings came.
Ivorwen & Gilraen
Ivorwen's role as a seer in Dúnedain society. Politics, foresight, and their roles in Dúnedain society would be lovely, and maybe something about women in Dúnedain society. I'd love to see Gilraen and Ivorwen interacting, maybe talking, maybe working together on something—anything goes, really, as long as it features these two.
Mithrellas & Gilmith
I recently dug into the dusty corners of UT which concern Mithrellas, and a fascination for this was the result. I'd love an exploration of Mithrellas' relationship with her children independent of her romantic life, but side Mithrellas/Nimrodel or Mithrellas/Imrazôr is also welcome. And what was Mithrellas like as a mother? Did she love her children or hate them, or was it more complicated?
Nazgûl & Sauron
Something dark for this, please, and maybe Tar-Míriel as the Witch-King? Other than that, I'd love to see something about the nature of the Nazgûl. Are they trapped in their guises but still think and feel, or have they become mindless servants of Sauron?
Vidumavi & Original Female Character(s)
I'd love to see something on the culture of Rhovanion, maybe what roles and duties Vidumavi had as a Princess of Rhovanion, about her friends, and about her sisters, if she had any. Or maybe cultural clashes, and Vidumavi in Gondor—how do the noblewomen there react to her? We know she assimilated pretty well into Gondor; did she make friends?
For art, I'd love to see the traditional gard of Rhovanion.
Andreth & Adanel
We know that Adanel taught Andreth about the lore of the House of Marach, and I'd love to see more about that—was Andreth's bitterness partly influenced by Adanel's outlook? Or was Adanel more hopeful (and was younger Andreth more hopeful, too)? What is the lore that they won't share with Elves; what sort of secrets do the Edain Wise-women keep?
Aredhel & Írimë | Lalwen
I'd love Aredhel and Írimë laughing and bantering together in Valinor! Or, if you're in the mood for something darker, them during the Kinslaying (with bloodstained clothes or swords if you're an artist?). Or maybe something in Middle-earth, Aredhel saying goodbye to her aunt before leaving for Gondolin?
Aredhel & Original Female Character(s)
Aredhel bantering with her (female) friends, maybe, or trying (and failing) to navigate Gondolin and its complexities, but making a few friends along the way? Again, I'd love to see snark and banter and laughter, and mainly just Aredhel having fun! (Although angst, of course, is also much-appreciated.)
Celebrían & Galadriel
I'd love to see anything between these two—perhaps Celebrían's childhood spent in Lórien, or later, the two of them in Imladris, or (for maximum angst) after Celebrían was attacked, or maybe a reunion at the start of the Fourth Age.
Celebrían & Nerdanel
I'd love to see Celebrían and Nerdanel meeting in Valinor—anything goes after that, really, but perhaps Nerdanel eagerly drinking up news from Middle-earth, and Celebrían being slightly starstruck about meeting Nerdanel?
Elemmírë & Maglor
Female!Elemmírë would be wonderful, if you're so inclined, and I'd love to see Elemmírë and Maglor collaborating on something. All the music galore, please, and getting passionate
and fighting with each other about music.
Elendil's wife & Tar-Míriel
Tar-Míriel aiding and abetting the Faithful! Meeting up with Elendil all the time is risky, but an old friend of the Queen's visiting and the two of them wanting privacy to talk together won't garner much attention...(Basically, I have a huge thing for Númenorean politics. That's it. That's the prompt.)
Elwing & Idril Celebrindal
Idril's and Elwing's stay at the Havens overlap, and perhaps Elwing learns about leadership from Idril? Or, what does Idril think of Elwing's relationship with her son? Or maybe Idril telling Elwing about the glory days of Beleriand?
Emeldir & Morwen & Rían
I imagine young Morwen and Rían idolizing Emeldir. Maybe Emeldir teaching them to fight, or telling them a story, or the two of them watching Emeldir from afar?
Erendis & Almarian
Friendship, politics, and women in Númenor. And Erendis and Almarian plotting, especially the oiolairë bough scene.
Haleth & Guardswoman
I'd love to see/read more about Haleth's contingent of warriors, perhaps crossing the Nan Dungorthreb together? Or a day in camp, or fighting Orcs? I'd adore seeing Haleth inspiring loyalty and devotion in her people!
Fingolfin & Fingon & Aredhel & Turgon
(And Anairë and Argon too, if you want them here.) I'm interested in the dynamics between them, all the messy family tensions and quarrels and loving each other in spite of it all. Ñoldorin politics would be lovely, if that's your thing, and all the angst and bittersweet-ness and doom and gloom, please! Whatever timeline you choose is fine, whether in Valinor, on the Helcaraxë, or in Middle-earth. (No terrible father!Fingolfin, please. Him messing up is fine, but please don't make him an out-and-out bastard.)
Indis & Fingolfin
What sort of relationship do Indis and Fingolfin have? Is it strained, or are they close? I'd love to see them at a difficult moment—when things are getting tense in Tirion, perhaps, or just after swords being drawn in the Court or after Fëanor's sentence has been pronounced, or even after the Darkening. (Please no completely uncaring, indifferent versions of either Indis or Fingolfin!)
Írimë & Fingolfin
I'd adore seeing these two at any point. For more specific prompts, maybe post-Darkening, or while they're crossing the Helcaraxë, or in Middle-earth?I just want to see two siblings, maybe not completely happy, maybe squabbling and tense, but still family.
Lindórië & Inzilbêth
I'd love to see Lindórië passing on her beliefs to her daughter—does Inzilbêth remember her mother when she's teaching her older son? I'd like an exploration of the King's Men/Faithful schism, with a dash of politics! Side Ar-Gimilzôr/Inzilbêth, with all the messiness that arises, is fine for longer fic (or more detailed art? I don't know how that'd work out for art, though), but I'd like the focus to be on Inzilbêth and Lindórië, please.
Lúthien Tinúviel & Melian
I want to know more about how Lúthien and Melian interact with each other—messy family dynamics, pain, betrayal, anger, teenage angst, all that schist, but also a mother and daughter loving each other deeply but also leading lives independent of each other.
Melian & Galadriel
Melian mentoring Galadriel, please, and perhaps some politics! Melian teaching Galadriel how to use a Mirror-like device, maybe or some other kind of what we mortals would call 'magic.
Silmariën & Isilmë
How do the two of them feel at being passed over for the throne in favour of their younger brother? Or what sort of childhood (and adolescence) do the princesses of the Line of Elros have? Later, when they're adults, do they visit each other?
Tindómiel & Any Female Character
Exactly what it says on the tin! I'd love to see Tindómiel interacting with her mother, or with her niece Vardilmë, or her grand-nieces Yávien and Mairen, or an OFC, a friend or distant relative, or one of her brothers' wife.
Varda & Ilmarë
Power, and beauty, please. And loyalty, faithfulness, even through misguided decisions? And stars! For art, I'd love to see stars.